NEWS AND PRESS RELEASES
Back to list alarm-clockReading time: 5 min

Haya Real Estate launches the Marconi Project: a set of loans secured by real estate collateral owned by Sareb for more than 188 million euros


  • 98% of the guarantees associated with these loans are already-completed homes, garages and store-rooms, while the remaining 2% is comprised of lands and tertiary assets.
  • Marconi is the first project of the year for Haya Real Estate, following the successful launches made last year.

Haya Real Estate (Haya), Spanish company leader in management of secured credit and real estate assets, is launching in the coming days the Marconi Project: a package of non-performing loans (NPLs) or loans secured by real estate collateral owned by Sareb for an amount of more 188 million euros. The average ticket for each of the loans offered is around 5.7 million.

This project is made up of loans that have around 1,445 registered properties under guarantee collected in 33 files. More detailed information in this regard can be found at the web page designated for this purpose, once the investor receives the express invitation in order to participate in this Project, and after having accepted the terms and conditions of the process. This online showcase contains all the relevant information so that the investor can analyse and bid for one or several files of the Project. Of the aforementioned files, 91% are currently subject to legal proceedings while 23% are subject to foreclosure action.

These real estate collateral-backed loans are located mainly in Catalonia, Costa del Sol, Canary Islands and Madrid.

In view of the typology of these collateral loans, 98% corresponds to residential finished-work, which includes housing and garages, and the remaining 2% is composed of land, commercial premises and industrial buildings.

This project is divided into two phases, a non-binding phase and a binding phase, the first beginning at the end of February and ending in April with the submission of binding offers and the closing of the transaction.

Haya’s online showcases

Marconi Project is another online showcase created by Haya Real Estate for the sale of debt among professional investors. Since 2016, the different sales processes launched by Haya have allowed the divestment of more than € 470 million.

This showcase stands out both for its ease of use and its ability to analyse published files thanks to the incorporation of search criteria, geolocation, photographs, as well as documentation of the files and of the project. In addition, it incorporates a section in order to address the queries of the professionals by accelerating the analysis of the selected files, according to the investment criteria, for the submission of customised offers.

In the words of Iván Fernández- Valdés, Director of the Advisory and Institutional Sale Unit at Haya: “we continue to grow, and this project will help us to continue working to make Haya a benchmark company in the real estate market, simplifying the day-to-day work of professionals as well as the commercialisation of the loans that we have under management".

About Haya Real Estate

Haya is the leading company in the management of Non-Performing Loans and Real Estate Owned assets (NPLs and REOs, respectively) in Spain. The company manages assets as well as financial and real estate vehicles for a wide variety of clients, from financial institutions to international investors. In total, Haya is responsible for €31.8 billion of AuMs (Assets under Management).

Haya offers products and services covering the entire value chain of NPLs and REOs. Its NPL services focus on the management of corporate or individuals’ debt, with a high degree of specialization in the valuation, management and recovery of loans and the conversion of non-performing loans into real estate owned assets. Real estate services are delivered to a portfolio of ~189,000 assets under management, and they range from asset boarding, property management, maintenance and valuation to its commercialization. Haya's services are fully integrated into the lifecycle of each NPL / REO, and also involve portfolio advisory, underwriting capabilities, land management, completion of works in progress and securitization.

Haya’s main clients include financial institutions such as BBVA, Caixabank (former Bankia), Cajamar, Liberbank, Sareb and international investment funds such as Cerberus Capital Management. The company employs ~863 professionals, featuring an extensive sales network that covers the entire Spanish geography. Haya has invested ~€63 million euros in cutting-edge technology, data analysis and IT tools focused in process efficiency and performance delivery.

Contact details:

Media Relations:
Kreab.

+34 91 702 71 70
hre@kreab.com