NEWS AND PRESS RELEASES
Back to list alarm-clockReading time: 5 min

Haya Real Estate increases its lease portfolio by more than 50% in the last year


  • Haya Real Estate extends its leadership to the management of asset portfolios
  • The company reached record volumes with 20,838 assets for rent in 2018
  • In the last three years it registered accumulated growth of 192% in the lease portfolio

Haya Real Estate ("Haya"), leading Spanish company in the management of debt and real estate assets, has today published the data of its lease business. The group in 2018 reached record volumes with 20,838 assets in this portfolio in 2018, which represents an increase of more than 50% compared to the previous financial year. At the close of 31 December 2018, the portfolio is valued at more than 2 billion euros and its average profitability is around 5%. The more than 20,800 assets managed under lease correspond to six large customers, which include banking entities, asset investors and insurance companies.

In this way, Haya Real Estate extends its leadership to the lease segment and strengthens the diversification of its business lines. In the last three years, the company has registered cumulative growth of 192% in the number of leased assets. All this shows its excellent capabilities for the asset management and reinforces even more the success of the comprehensive service offer for the customers.

At the close of the previous financial year, the Haya Real Estate's lease portfolio was made up of 78% residential assets, compared to the remaining 22% which is made up of tertiary assets, like offices or logistical warehouses. Region of Valencia (16.2%), Catalonia (12.8%), Madrid (12.0%) and Andalusia (11.3%) are concentrated the rest of the available portfolio. 57% of its portfolio is atomised – a particularity compared to other asset managers concentrated only on developments – which shows the technical, administrative and commercial management capacity of Haya Real Estate throughout the country.

Haya offers cover for all of the real estate cycle, from the credit management to the marketing of the property, also including the asset promotion and management. In addition, the company offers support in decision-making through its Advisory area and an alternative for the financing of projects through asset securitisation.

About Haya Real Estate

Haya is the leading company in the management of Non-Performing Loans and Real Estate Owned assets (NPLs and REOs, respectively) in Spain. The company manages assets as well as financial and real estate vehicles for a wide variety of clients, from financial institutions to international investors. In total, Haya is responsible for €31.8 billion of AuMs (Assets under Management).

Haya offers products and services covering the entire value chain of NPLs and REOs. Its NPL services focus on the management of corporate or individuals’ debt, with a high degree of specialization in the valuation, management and recovery of loans and the conversion of non-performing loans into real estate owned assets. Real estate services are delivered to a portfolio of ~189,000 assets under management, and they range from asset boarding, property management, maintenance and valuation to its commercialization. Haya's services are fully integrated into the lifecycle of each NPL / REO, and also involve portfolio advisory, underwriting capabilities, land management, completion of works in progress and securitization.

Haya’s main clients include financial institutions such as BBVA, Caixabank (former Bankia), Cajamar, Liberbank, Sareb and international investment funds such as Cerberus Capital Management. The company employs ~863 professionals, featuring an extensive sales network that covers the entire Spanish geography. Haya has invested ~€63 million euros in cutting-edge technology, data analysis and IT tools focused in process efficiency and performance delivery.

Contact details:

Media Relations:
Kreab.

+34 91 702 71 70
hre@kreab.com